Detail of ‘Ptilota plumosa’ by Anna Atkins, 1853-09, From the collection of The New York Public Library, Image credit: Wikimedia Commons
Looking for a fun and educational activity for your child this summer? Look no further than MAP, a newly opened museum at the heart of Bengaluru. Join us for Summer at MAP, an annual summer programme for kids. This year, we explore the exciting world of S.T.E.A.M [Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics] through six hands-on workshops and learning experiences.
Cyanotype is an alternative photographic process that produces beautiful blue and white prints using a light-sensitive solution and the power of the sun. Participants will explore the history and chemistry of the cyanotype process and make their own prints. Join us to create your own unique prints by experimenting with foliage, everyday objects and more!
All materials will be provided, however participants will be expected to bring their own lunch. This workshop will be facilitated by the MAP Education team.
Important Information for Participants:
1. Participants to be dropped off between 10.30-11.00 am and picked up between 3.30-4.00 pm from the HDFC Ltd Learning Centre at the Lower Ground Floor.
2. Name and contact of the person picking up and dropping off the participant should be shared with the MAP Education team in advance. Any change in this should be communicated with the team beforehand.
3. Drinking water is available on the museum premises. Participants are requested to carry their own bottles to fill water.
4. Lunch break will be from 1-1.30 pm. Participants are requested to carry lunch and snacks which can be consumed on the premises.
5. Parents/guardians are requested to share any allergies that participants may have and also communicate any accessibility requirements.
6. Participants are requested to dress in loose and comfortable clothes. Some workshops may require working on the floor and some workshops can be messy.
7. Photographs will be taken during the workshops. A consent form for the same will be shared. Participants may choose to opt out.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Summer at MAP: Origami May 9, 2023
Summer at MAP: Pottery May 10, 2023
Summer at MAP: Shibori Tie & Dye May 12, 2023
Summer at MAP: Stop Motion Animation May 13, 2023
Summer at MAP: Monoprinting May 14, 2023