Looking for a fun and educational activity for your child this summer? Look no further than MAP, a newly opened museum at the heart of Bengaluru. Join us for Summer at MAP, an annual summer programme for kids. This year, we explore the exciting world of S.T.E.A.M [Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics] through six hands-on workshops and learning experiences.
Explore the world of textile art with our Shibori dyeing workshop. Shibori is a Japanese dyeing technique that involves folding, twisting, and binding fabric before dyeing it, creating intricate and unique patterns. Learn the history and techniques of Shibori dyeing and create your own stunning pieces by the end.
Participants are required to carry a plain white cotton t-shirt for dyeing. All other materials will be provided. Participants are also requested to carry their own lunch.
Important Information for Participants:
1. Participants to be dropped off between 10.30-11.00 am and picked up between 3.30-4.00 pm from the HDFC Ltd Learning Centre at the Lower Ground Floor.
2. Name and contact of the person picking up and dropping off the participant should be shared with the MAP Education team in advance. Any change in this should be communicated with the team beforehand.
3. Drinking water is available on the museum premises. Participants are requested to carry their own bottles to fill water.
4. Lunch break will be from 1-1.30 pm. Participants are requested to carry lunch and snacks which can be consumed on the premises.
5. Parents/guardians are requested to share any allergies that participants may have and also communicate any accessibility requirements.
6. Participants are requested to dress in loose and comfortable clothes. Some workshops may require working on the floor and some workshops can be messy.
7. Photographs will be taken during the workshops. A consent form for the same will be shared. Participants may choose to opt out.
Bookings are closed for this event.